This mom was INCREDIBLE. Her adorable little S puked all over everything just as they arrived at the photo session. I was amazed at her ability to keep total composure, clean everything up in a flash, keep the little one happy and unalarmed, carry on a conversation with me and then proceed to look beautiful in every single picture. The love she has for her little S was so flowing, so apparent, so easy to capture. Little S sure gave us both a work out and the session did feel quite crazy (as it often does with an 18 month old fireball) but I think that chaos, that realness makes for the best kind of pictures.
poor hazel keeps asking me when I’m going to be done with photography forever. thankfully both Hazel and Charlie started afternoon pre-school last week so I can have some blessed uninterrupted editing time in the afternoons while Emmeline sleeps. It’s been pretty tricky trying to juggle it all with the free form schedule that is summer. I’m hoping with this new set up I can focus on the kids when they’re around and photography when they’re not.
But then, on top of all the editing and photo shoots the laundry still needs doing, the family history part of the Boston Shumway Site still needs some SERIOUS updating, the fridge still has to be stocked, the kids need to be bathed and clothed and fed and taught and played with and read to and loved and cuddled. I just wish I had 100 more hours in the day.
For now, here are some shots from some of my recent photo sessions:
Doesn’t Stacey look so stunning in every single photograph? That is one lucky guy!
This little one’s middle name is Independence (born on the 4th of July)…..hence the American flag.
Ok. I have been doing a lot more than photography, and I promise to post some of that tomorrow. You know when you’re so far behind, you don’t know where to begin? Well, that sums up my life in a nutshell.
- 1-1.5 hour session with up to five people ($20 per additional person) at a setting of your choice (within 30 miles of Boston)
- An archival CD with 60+ edited high resolution images that you can print and use as you like
- Please note: my pricing model is different from many other photographers. You have the rights to these photos--you will have the digital files. You may use the images multiple times, in any way you would like (e.g., prints, digitally)...as if you took the picture yourself.
- As you will see from the images above, I have a relaxed style. While I always take several traditional shots with the subjects looking at the camera, I find my favorite images are those that capture family connections and emotions in a more casual way. My photo shoots are fun and informal, with families and children doing what they do together.
- A typical session includes a variety of set ups: family portraits, individual portraits of each child, portraits of siblings together, mom with child/children, dad with child/children, and shots of mom and dad together. I take a lot of pictures. I want to capture who your family is in this moment in time.
- I am happy to suggest locations and set-ups, but want to be sure to capture any that have special meaning for your family. I love when clients give some thought beforehand to the locations and shot set-ups (e.g., 'Dad chasing baby') that you would like to try.
- My goal is not to create one or two perfect images. Instead I aim to capture and create a collection of images that portray who you really are, who your children are and the connection and love that you share.
- $100 deposit due at booking to hold your slot. This is a non-refundable deposit. If the session needs to be rescheduled due to illness or weather this deposit will be applied to the rescheduled session.
- Remaining $400 due at the end of your session.
- I offer a full guarantee on my work--if you are not fully satisfied with your shoot and photos, I am happy to do another shoot at no cost.
For more information or to schedule an appointment within the Metro Boston area please call (617 501 8761) or email Saydi at email@example.com